Jan 18, 2015

Road to the NAFC

I entered in the Road to the NAFC last week. It's an online FUMBBL tournament with the same rules as the NAFC. I'll get to play six NAF-games on FUMBBL, for free. I couldn't pass that opportunity.

I decided on playing dark elves, since I really like playing them. They fit my style of play.
I'm waiting for my elves from the Impact kickstarter to arrive so I can start playing them on TT (they're going to be my tournament team 2016), but this was a good chance to get some NAF-ranked games in with them before then.

I went with the following roster

2 Witches (2x Wrestle)
4 Blitzers (2x Dodge, Guard)
1 Runner (Leader)
4 Lineelves
2 ReRolls
2 FF

(Blitzer skills on "day 2")

I went with this roster to try if I could live without an apo and if I needed three rerolls.
Otherwise I would have went without the runner (and added a dodge to a blitzer as well as a fifth lineelf)

I just finished my first game against orcs.
He chose to kick and I scored in my third turn. I then prevented him from moving forward and he had  one chance to score in his eight turn, which was a long pass to a goblin, which he failed.
That made me feel better about the game, since he had to score quick to win (and stop me from scoring again). I stopped his advance and his only chance to score in turn sixteen was a throw team mate try, which he failed, since I had put a couple of tackle zones on his troll. The troll fumble the goblin and the ball bounced out of the scrum. One of my witches picked the ball up and passed to a waiting blitzer for the 2-0 score in my turn sixteen.

I'm very happy with the game and how I played.

Fingers crossed for the next couple of games, but one thing is for sure, I like playing dark elves.


No comments:

Post a Comment